Mohnish Pabrai is an investor influenced by Warren Buffett’s value investing approach. His strategy involves investing in undervalued companies with significant growth potential, with a focus on concentrated portfolios and limited downside risk. One of his notable successes was investing in the Indian banking sector in 2003, generating an 800% return in three years. Pabrai has a close relationship with Buffett, who he considers a mentor and role model. His investment success is a testament to the value of adopting a long-term, value-investing approach.
Top Holdings of Mohnish Pabrai’s Investment Portfolio
Mohnish Pabrai manages his portfolio under Pabrai Investments, which has very concentrated stock positions. According to the latest F13 Filings (April 2023), Pabrai Investments has only 3 (three) stocks in its portfolio, which are worth about $121,274,000 as of March 31, 2023.
Here are the four stocks Pabrai Investments currently owns:
|Company||% of Portfolio||Shares||Value|
|Micron Technology (MU)||79.22||1,592,134||$96,069,000|
|Brookfield Corp (BN)||20.76||772,579||$25,178,000|
|Seritage Growth Properties (SRG)||0.02||3,375||$27,000|
Mohnish Pabrai’s Latest Buy or Sell Activities
According to the latest F13 filing, Monish Pabrai topped up one stock, reduced one stock and completely sold another stock during the last quarter, Q1 2023.
|Stock||Activitiy||% of Holding Change||Share Change|
|Brookfield Corp (BN)||Add 8.45%||1.62||60,260|
|Micron Technology (MU)||Reduce 14.44%||1.53||268,678|
|Brookfield Asset Management (BAM)||Sell 100%||4.23||178,077|
Mohnish Pabrai Facts You Might Know
Here is a list of five interesting facts about Mohnish Pabria you might not know.
- Pabrai won a charity auction in 2000, paying $650,100 for lunch with Warren Buffett. This meeting lasted for over three hours, and Pabrai used the opportunity to learn as much as he could from Buffett.
- In 1999, Pabrai founded his investment firm, Pabrai Investment Funds, which has consistently delivered market-beating returns.
- Pabrai is a prolific author and has written two books on investing, “The Dhandho Investor” and “Mosaic: Perspectives on Investing.”
- Pabrai is a philanthropist and has pledged to donate 100% of his wealth to charity through his Dakshana Foundation, which educates underprivileged children in India.
- Pabrai is known for his frugal lifestyle and has been described as living a “monastic” lifestyle. He is a vegetarian and does not drink alcohol, and he once famously bought a used car for just $4,000 despite being a multi-millionaire.